The Power of Sides
Variety is the most important spice in your pantry.
More than ever, your guests want choices. Whether it’s their choice of side or the ability to customize a dish to their own tastes variety is no long an option, it’s essential. Unique side dishes can help you stand out, ensuring delighted diners and repeat business. And while adding variety to your side selections will help you ring up additional profits, it doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. With the right products and a dash of creativity, you can harness the power of sides without breaking a sweat.
Some Delicious Numbers: There’s plenty of profit to be had away from the center of the plate according to research firm Technomic’s Starters, Small Plates & Sides Consumer Trend Report. Here are a few tasty figures that show why the side show is now the main event!
Foodservice Trends for 2015
Reser’s Foodservice aggregates information important to your business and business decisions. Below, find valuable 2015 foodservice trend information. Check back often as we’ll continue to furnish information critical to your success.
- Competition is evolving as grocery stores and other retailers continue to expand prepared food options, and new solutions grow line online meal preparation/planning sites.
- Capture your share of the plate by considering menu options that fit the health and wellness trend, while providing creative solutions to appeal to the adventurous diner.
- Consider the importance of the price/value equation when building menu solutions and promotional offerings.
- Leverage digital tools and tactics, including social media, to drive diner loyalty and facilitate great dining experiences.
- The diner’s path-to-the-plate is complex and fluid, with convenience, budget, family/friends and occasion all important influencers in the decision process.
Key Takeaways for Foodservice Operators from The Why? Behind the Dine™ (Acosta in partnership with Technomic, July 2014)