Arugula and Blood Orange Salad with Roasted Mango Vinaigrette
Yield: 20 each appetizer salad servings.
- Roasted Mango Vinaigrette
- 5 lb. Reser’s Diced Mango, drained of syrup (79453.17029)
- 4 Shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Ancho chile powder
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups Rice Vinegar
- 6 cups Avocado or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp Kosher salt to season
- 2 lb. Baby arugula
- 12 each Blood orange, segmented
- 2 cups Quicos (Toasted corn nuts)
- 3 cups reserved Reser’s Diced Mango, roasted and refrigerated
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Drain Reser’s Diced Mango, and place in an even layer onto sheet pan with 2 layers of parchment paper.
- Roast until golden brown, 20-25 minutes turning chunks halfway through cooking process.
- When roasted, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Take 3 cups of roasted mango and refrigerate for salad portion.
- In a high-powered blender, place the remaining roasted mango, shallots, Ancho powder, Dijon, and rice vinegar and blend 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- When blender is running, remove cap and slowly drizzle in oil to make an emulsion.
- Season with kosher salt and refrigerate.
- To build, lightly dress baby arugula with Roasted Mango Vinaigrette and toss with remaining roasted mango. Place in mound onto chilled plate and garnish with Quicos and blood orange segments.