Cajun Mac Salad
Yield: 36, 4 oz Servings
- 8 lb Reser’s® Homestyle Elbow Macaroni Salad (71117.00288)
- 2 lb Andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Cook the diced Andouille sausage in a large skillet over medium heat with the canola oil until browned, about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a plate topped with paper towels to drain and cool.
- Add green onion and green peppers to a bowl and mix in Reser’s Homestyle Elbow Macaroni Salad to combine.
- Next, add the cooled sausage to the macaroni and combine.
- Finally, sprinkle in cayenne pepper and smoked paprika and mix to combine.
- Let flavors combine at least one hour before serving.