Cajun-Style Macaroni & Cheese
Yield: 10 each 10 oz entree servings
- 5 lb. Reser’s® Special Request™ Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese (71117.14905)
- 1/3 cup Butter, unsalted
- 11/2 cups Yellow onion, small dice
- 1 cup Green bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup Red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 lb. Andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 3 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Green onions, sliced
- Heat Reser’s Special Request Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese in steamer for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Heat butter in medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté the onions and bell peppers until softened but not browned.
- Add the Andouille rounds and cook until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and Tomato paste and cook for one more minute, then set aside and fold in the green onions.
- Mix half of the Andouille/pepper mixture into the heated mac and cheese and place into separate pans to keep warm.
- To serve, portion 8 oz of the mac and cheese into serving container and top with 2 oz scoop of the Andouille/pepper mixture.