Cheesy Corn Hush Puppies
- 2 lb yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 lb self-rising flour
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 lb grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 lb Reser’s® Cheesy Corn Casserole (71117.00365)
- Oil, for frying
- Sift cornmeal, flour, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk and eggs together, and add mixture into the cornmeal flour to form a batter.
- Fold in a half bag of unheated Reser’s Cheesy Corn Casserole and cheese into the batter. Let batter rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat fryer oil to 375°F.
- Using a 2 oz scoop, drop Corn Hush Puppy batter into hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite BBQ!