Habanero Shrimp and Mango Salad
Yield: 15 each appetizer salad servings, 5 cups dressing/marinade
Mango Habanero Vinaigrette and Marinade
- 1 ½ cups Reser’s Diced Mangoes (79453.17029), drained of syrup, syrup reserved
- ¼ cup Mango syrup from Reser’s Diced Mangoes (79453.17029)
- 2 each Shallots, diced
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Habanero pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cups Rice Vinegar, unseasoned
- 3 cups Avocado or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt to season
- 4 lbs. 16-20 Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Mango Habanero Vinaigrette (to marinate)
For Each Salad
- 2 lb. Mixed baby greens
- 1 cup Mango Habanero Vinaigrette
- 2 cups Reser’s Diced Mangoes (79453.17029), drained of syrup
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly cracked
- 45 grilled 16-20 shrimp, previously marinated
- 2 cup Fried shallots
- For Mango Habanero Vinaigrette and Marinade, in a Vitamix or high-powered blender, add the Reser’s Diced Mangoes, mango syrup, diced shallots, turmeric, Dijon, habanero peppers, and rice vinegar and blend to combine.
- While the blender is running, slowly drizzle in the oil to create an emulsion, season with salt.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the shrimp with the Mango Habanero Vinaigrette and Marinade and marinate for no more than 15 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and heat grill.
- For the salad, toss with mixed greens with the dressing and Reser’s Diced Mangoes and season with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Grill the shrimp on both sides and set aside to keep warm.
- Divide the dressed greens between 15 plates and garnish with crispy shallots.
- Drizzle extra dressing around the salad and add the grilled shrimp to the plate.