Honey Biscuits and Sausage-Bacon Gravy
Yield: 2 quarts gravy, 10 Breakfast Entrée portions
- 20 each Biscuits, brushed with honey for the last 3 minutes of baking
- 4 lb. each Reser’s Country Gravy (71117.14453)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 lb. Pork breakfast sausage, ground
- ½ cup Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Yellow onion, diced
- 1/8th tsp Cayenne pepper
- 24 leaves Sage, fried for garnish
- 2 oz Butter, for frying sage
- Bake biscuits according to recipe, brush with honey the last 2-3 minutes of baking.
- Cool on a baking rack.
- In a 6-quart saucepan, lightly brown the pork sausage in butter until cooked through, breaking up to crumble.
- Add the onion and bacon and cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the Reser’s Country Gravy and Cayenne pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes, stiffing often.
- Check seasoning when done and keep warm for service.
- For plating:
- 2 Honey glazed biscuits
- 2 each 3 oz ladles Sausage-bacon gravy
- 2 each Sage leaves, fried in brown butter