Oktoberfest Potato Salad
Yield: 12 - 16 Servings
- 5 lb Reser’s® Mega Diced Red Skin Potatoes (71117.14479)
- Kosher salt
- 2 lb Kielbasa or German Bratwurst, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup dark beer
- 3 Tbsp coarse or stoneground German-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the Reser’s Mega Diced Red Skin Potatoes for 10 minutes in a steamer or heat in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Cook the sliced Kielbasa in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a plate topped with paper towels to drain.
- Add the onion and peppers to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until they are transparent but not brown.
- Stir in 1 cup dark beer, mustard and sugar and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the dressing has reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Add the potatoes back to the pan with the dressing and toss to coat.
- Add the Kielbasa and parsley.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.