Potato Apple Hash
- 20 Gala apples
- 10 lb Reser’s® Shredded Potatoes (71117.14433)
- 4 oz butter
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Sour cream, as needed
- Peel the apples. Using the largest opening on a box grater, grate the apples using long strokes to yield the longest pieces.
- Transfer to a bowl and press out as much juice as possible.
- In a large bowl, fold the apples and Reser’s Shredded Potatoes together and season with salt.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add enough potato mixture to create one uniform layer, approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- Cook over medium heat until crisped and brown, approximately 5-8 minutes, flip and repeat.
- Slice into wedges and serve sliced green onions and sour cream.