Shredded Potato & Cheddar Casserole
Yield: 60, 6 oz Servings
- 10 lb. Reser’s® Shredded Potatoes (71117.14433)
- 2 lb. Reser’s® Special Request™ Creamy Deluxe Mashed Potatoes with Pepper (71117.14446)
- 6 each Eggs, cracked and whisked together
- 6 cups Heavy cream
- 6 lb mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 cups Don Pancho® Precut Yellow Tortillas (79341.01365), fried, cooled and ground
- 3 Tbsp Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Black pepper, ground
- Whisk heavy cream and eggs together. Set aside.
- Combine Reser’s Shredded Potatoes, Reser’s Special Request Creamy Deluxe Mashed Potatoes, 4 lbs Cheddar cheese, 3 cups ground Don Pancho Homestyle Tortilla Chips, 3 cups egg/cream mixture, salt and pepper.
- Split between two well-greased, high-sided baking pans. Lightly press mixture into desired pan.
- Pour remaining egg/cream mixture over potatoes.
- Top with remaining tortilla chips and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven, checking every 20 minutes. Total cooking time should be about 1 hour or when a skewer comes out clean and cheese is browned.
- Increase heat to 400°F for 10 minutes if needed to brown topping.