Greek Garlicky Potato Dip (Skordalia)
15 each appetizer servings
- 5 lb. Reser’s® Special Request™ Natural Yukon Mashed Potatoes (71117.94501)
- 2 cups Almonds, blanched and slivered
- 40 each Garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups Lemon juice, fresh
- 2 ½ cups Extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Pita bread, brushed with olive oil and grilled
- Process almonds, garlic, kosher salt, and lemon juice in food processor until smooth.
- Add mixture to large stainless bowl with Reser’s Special Request Natural Yukon Mashed Potatoes.
- Mix to combine, taking care to not overmix.
- Add in Extra virgin olive oil and mix to combine.
- Check seasoning.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to let allow flavors to meld.
- Portion 8 oz into a cup or large ramekin, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Allow the dip to warm up 5-6 minutes before serving with grilled pita.