Smoky Chorizo and Potato Tacos
Yield: 20 each entrée servings, 40 6” tacos
- 7 lb. Chorizo sausage, crumbled into 1″ pieces
- 10 lb. Reser’s® Diced Red Potatoes (71117.14563; pictured) or Reser’s® Diced Potatoes (71117.14430)
- 5 cups Yellow onion, small diced
- 1/3 cup Smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 40 each Don Panchos 6” Golden Blend Tortillas, heated on grill (79341.22024)
- 2 cups Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Limes, sliced for garnish
- Preheat fryer to 350°F and oven to 400°F.
- Heat rondeau to medium heat and add chorizo, breaking up to cook evenly.
- Cook chorizo until almost cooked through, browning slightly.
- Add onions and cook 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Add kosher salt and smoked paprika, cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add Reser’s Diced Red Potatoes or Reser’s Diced Potatoes and coat with chorizo/onion mixture.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until potatoes have browned slightly and are heated through.
- Place two warmed Don Panchos 6” Golden Blend Tortillas on a plate and fill each with ½ cup of potato mixture.
- Garnish with crumbled Cotija and cilantro leaves.
- Place lime on the side and serve.