Steamed Lobster with Truffled Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 15 - 20 Servings
- 1 1/2 lb live lobster
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 gallons water
- 5 lb Reser’s® Special Request™ Creamy Deluxe Mashed Potatoes with Pepper (71117.14446)
- 1/2 tsp truffle oil
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 bunch fresh spinach cleaned and chopped
- Boil the lobster in the water with the salt, pepper, bay leaf, and lemon for 15 minutes.
- While lobster is boiling, heat the mashed potatoes in a steamer or water bath until 165°F.
- Wilt the spinach in a sauté pan.
- Place the heated Special Request™ Creamy Deluxe Mashed Potatoes with Pepper in the middle of a platter and place the spinach around the potatoes.
- Remove the lobster meat from the tail, claws and legs and cut into 1-inch pieces and place on the spinach around the potatoes.
- Drizzle the butter-truffle oil mixture over the top of the potatoes and serve.