Porto Hash with Poached Eggs
Yield: 50 Servings
- 1 10 lb package Reser’s Diced 3/4″ Potatoes RTU (71117.14431)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 cups red bell pepper, diced
- 6 lb smoked Linguica sausage, diced
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 100 eggs, poached
- 100 oz Saffron Hollandaise
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp saffron
- 24 egg yolks
- 2 lb unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- For Saffron Hollandaise, bring water to a simmer, then remove from heat and add saffron. Allow to cool.
- Combine egg yolks and saffron water in a large bowl over double boiler and whisk until the egg mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk in melted butter, returning to the double boiler as needed to keep sauce hot and loose. As sauce thickens, adjust consistency with lemon juice so that the sauce flows easily.
- Keep covered and warm until ready to serve.
- For Porto Hash with Poached Eggs, preheat convection oven to 400°
- Toss Reser’s Diced 3/4″ Potatoes, peppers, and sausage with olive oil and smoked paprika, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly without crowding across parchment-lined sheet pans and roast in oven until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, peppers have softened, and sausage is crisped about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Portion approximately 1 1/2 cups of hash into each bowl, then top with 2 poached eggs and approximately 2 ounces Saffron Hollandaise.