Homestyle Chicken Macaroni Salad Bowl
Yield: 25 each entrée bowls
- 8 lb. carton Reser’s Amish Macaroni Salad (71117.00212)
- 2 cups Canola oil
- 50 each 4 oz Chicken breasts, pounded to ½-inch
- 3 cups Seasoned flour
- Sauteed spinach
- 1 ½ cup Italian parsley, stemmed and finely chopped
Homestyle chicken gravy
- 8 oz Butter
- 8 oz (2 cups) AP flour
- 1 gallon Chicken stock
- 1 gallon Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Black pepper, 28 mesh
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter until bubbling, but not brown.
- Add flour, whisk together, and cook for 1-2 minutes without browning.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 15- 20 minutes until thickened and whisking frequently.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste and place into steamtable pan and keep warm.
- Per order, dust 2 chicken breasts in seasoned flour and sear in a sauté pan.
- Brown on both sides and then add 5 oz ladle of sauce and finish the chicken in the sauce.
- In a large bowl, place 5 oz Amish Macaroni Salad, ½ cup sauteed spinach, 2 chicken cutlets, top with chicken gravy, and garnish with chopped Italian parsley.