Chocolate Icebox Pie
Yield: 1 12” removable bottom tart pan (10 pieces)
- 3 cups Reser’s® Chocolate Pudding (71117.03032)
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped to soft peaks (1 cup whipped for filling, the rest is for garnish)
- 3 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (ground in food processor)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, soft peak (remaining from filling)
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- Chill bowl of the mixer and whisk attachment in refrigerator.
- In a clean bowl, mix the cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter until well combined.
- Press the crust base into the tart pan, making it about ½” thick on the bottom and sides.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the pudding into a bowl and fold the whipped cream into it, taking care to not deflate the whipped cream.
- When the crust is cooled, place the filling inside and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place plastic film directly onto the surface, place on a half sheet pan, and put pie into the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Take the pie out of the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
- Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and Oreo crumbs.