Lemon and Corn Cake with Peach Compote
Yield: 30 portions (2 each 200 ½ pans)
Lemon and Corn Cake
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 ¼ cups Yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Baking powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (2 stick) Butter, melted
- 6 each Eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups Sour cream
- 4 lb.(1 bag) Reser’s Sweet Corn with Butter (71117.56013)
- 2 each Lemons, juiced and zested
- 8 each Peaches, pitted and diced
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- ½ cup water
- For Peach Compote, place diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice and water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10-12 minutes or until peaches have softened.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For Lemon and Corn Cake, preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix AP flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and Reser’s Sweet Corn with Butter.
- Divide between two greased and floured 200 ½ pans (68 oz each).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out crumb free.
- To build, layer ¼ cup Peach Compote on top of 1 round of Lemon and Corn Cake, cut with 3” ring mold/ Dust plate with powdered sugar to dust plate