Shrimp Masala Bowl with Cinnamon “Non-Naan"
Yield: 10 Entrée Bowls
- 10 Don Pancho ® Cinnamon Wraps (79341.02846)
- 8 cups White Basmati rice, cooked and kept warm
- 1 cup Toasted cashew halves
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Ghee
Masala Shrimp Marinade
- 3 lb. (51-60 each) shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 1 cup Whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1 tsp Ginger, peeled and grated on a microplane
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 2 tsp Garam masala
Garlicky Baby Spinach
- 1 lb. Baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 6 each Garlic cloves, minced
- 11/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup Coconut milk, canned
- Heat griddle to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Masala Marinade ingredients and coat shrimp. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, not more than 4 hours (acid in yogurt can toughen shrimp).
- In a large sauté pan, melt the ghee and cook the minced garlic until lightly brown.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook to wilt.
- Add coconut milk and cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan, heat ½ cup ghee over high heat and sauté shrimp until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Brush the Don Pancho Cinnamon Wrap with ghee on both sides and heat on a griddle for 10-20 seconds per side.
- To build a bowl:
- 3/4 cup Basmati rice, cooked
- 5 oz ladle Shrimp Masala
- 1/4 cup Garlicky Baby Spinach
- 1 Don Pancho Cinnamon Wrap
- Cilantro leaves and toasted cashews to garnish.