French Onion Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 12 each 9 oz sides
- 5 lb. Reser’s Special Request™ Gourmet Mashed Potatoes (71117.14387)
- 2 cups Red and yellow onions, caramelized
- 1 tsp Thyme leaves (removed from stem)
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 12 each Thyme sprigs as garnish
- Heat the Reser’s Special Request™ Gourmet Mashed Potatoes bag in a pot of hot water or steamer until warmed through, approximately 18-20 minutes.
- In a 6-quart stock pot, add caramelized onions, thyme leaves, and beef stock and reduce stock by half.
- Add the soy sauce and set aside.
- Empty the bag of mashed potatoes into 6” 1/3rd pan, add caramelized onion mixture, and mix to combine.
- Add Swiss cheese and mix gently to combine.
- Place into a steam table or warmer until ready to serve.
- Fill 9 oz into a small serving bowl and garnish with one thyme sprig.