Moroccan Potato Fritters
Yield: 15 appetizer servings
Potato Fritter Base
- 10 lb. Reser’s Shredded Potatoes (71117.14433)
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups Onion, small dice
- 12 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Cumin, ground
- 2 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp Turmeric
- ¼ cup Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 16 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Chickpea flour
- Canola oil for frying
Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Dill, fresh chopped
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, fresh chopped
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Dill leaves
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt butter/olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, until translucent but not browned.
- When onion/garlic mixture is done, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the Shredded Potatoes with the eggs, spices, cilantro, and sauteed onions/garlic.
- Test fry one small fritter to check seasoning.
- For Herbed Yogurt Sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Scoop into fryer with 1 oz disher and fry until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, place 8 fritters on a plate. Drizzle 1/4 cup Herbed Yogurt Sauce and garnish with 5 dill leaves.