Southern Style Baked Banana Pudding
Yield: 20 each, 5 oz servings
- 4 lb. bag Reser’s® Banana Pudding (71117.03033)
- 12 oz bag Vanilla wafers
- 5 Bananas, sliced thinly into round
- 5 eggs, white separated from yolks, reserve yolks for another use
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar (substitute fresh lemon juice equal parts if necessary)
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- Spray 2” half hotel pan with pan spray.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with a single layer of vanilla wafers.
- Top each wafer with a sliced banana round.
- Cut bag off the corner of the Reser’s Banana Pudding bag and squeeze half of the bag over the wafers/bananas. Smooth with spatula to make an even layer.
- Repeat the layering of the wafers/bananas/pudding on more time, ending with the pudding.
- In a small mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, increase speed to high, and keep whisking until stiff peaks form and the mixture is glossy.
- Cover the top pudding layer with the meringue mixture and smooth to cover completely.
- If desired, peaks can be made with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the pudding for 12-14 minutes until the top is browned and heated through.
- Serve warm.