White Cheddar Potato Soup
Yield: Approximately 1 gallon; 16-8 oz. servings
- 5 lb. bag Reser’s White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes (71117.14317)
- 2 quarts Whole milk
- 1/4 cup Chives, dried
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- White Cheddar cheese, grated for garnish
- Heat the bags of Reser’s White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes in a steamer or hot water bath until hot.
- Squeeze the hot potatoes into an 8 quart or larger soup pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix with a whisk until smooth and heat over low heat, stirring as it heats through.
- Check seasoning for salt, add more if necessary.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme leaves and grated White Cheddar cheese.