Ancho Chile Roasted Potatoes
Yield: 20 each side dishes
- Ancho Chile Spice Blend
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- ½ cup Ancho chili powder
- 3 Tbsp Granulated garlic
- 3 Tbsp Demerara sugar
- 2 Tbsp Black pepper, 28 mesh
- 2 Tbsp Cumin seeds, whole
- 2 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 10 lb. bag Reser’s Mega Diced Redskin Potatoes (71117.14479)
- 1 ¼ cup Avocado oil
- ½ cup Ancho chile spice blend
- 1 ½ cup Shallots, sliced
- 1 ¼ cup Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch Cilantro, rinsed and dried off
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all ingredients for ancho chile spice blend in a bowl and mix well.
- In a large bowl, toss the Reser’s Mega Diced Red Skin Potatoes with the oil, then Ancho Chile Spice Blend and shallots.
- Place onto a full sheet pan coated with pan spray, with the potatoes in an even layer.
- Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the potatoes and shallots are golden brown.
- Per order, place 8 oz of roasted potatoes on a small plate and top with 2 Tbsp crumbled Queso Fresco, and garnish with 10 cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately.