Baked Chilaquiles Rojas
Yield: 8 each entrée servings
- 40 each Don Pancho 6-inch Thick White Corn Enchilada Tortilla (79341.01153)
- 6 cups Red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1 cup Yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Queso fresco, crumbled
- 16 Eggs, each for poaching
- 24 each Cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the tortillas into quarters and fry at 350°F for 75-90 seconds, drain, and lightly toss with sea salt.
- Per order:
- Toss 20 each quartered tortillas with 6 oz Red enchilada sauce until the chips soften and soak up the sauce.
- Fill the chilaquiles base into a 6-inch cast iron pan
- Top with ½ cup smoked Gouda.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes to melt and brown cheese.
- Garnish with 1 Tbsp diced onion and Queso Fresco.
- Top with 2 soft poached eggs and 3 cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.