Sweet Potato Waffles
Yield: 50, 4-inch Waffles
- 5 lb bag Reser’s® Special Request™ Mashed Sweet Potatoes (71117.14391)
- 5 quarts all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking powder
- 5 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 1/2 tsp cloves, ground
- 20 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 15 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine Special Request Mashed Sweet Potatoes with all ingredients, except the egg whites and sugar.
- Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- With a mixer, combine the egg whites and sugar and beat on high until firm peaks form.
- Fold egg white and sugar mixture into the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mix onto waffle iron and cook until golden.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and sliced bananas.