Ultimate Breakfast Potato Pie
Yield: 10 each 8 oz side dish servings
- 5 lb. Reser’s Special Request™ Natural Yukon Mashed Potatoes (71117.94501)
- 6 Eggs, whisked together
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Chives, minced
- 1 cup Bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 each 9-inch Pie crust, frozen and thawed
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded, divided in half
- 16 each Eggs, cooked sunny side up
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut a round of parchment paper to fit into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Lightly flour a cleaned work surface and roll out the pie crusts to fit halfway up each of the springform pans.
- With a paddle attachment and a stand mixer, mix Reser’s® Special Request™ Natural Yukon Mashed Potatoes with the eggs, flour, and salt.
- When combined, mix in the cooked bacon and chives.
- Fill the crusts evenly with 45 oz potato filling and top each pie with 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely on a rack.
- Cut each pie into 8 servings and reheat each slice in oven for 3-4 minutes to warm through prior to plating.
- Top each slice with a sunny side-up egg and fresh ground black pepper.