Vegan Chilaquiles Verdes
Yield: 8 each entrée servings
- 40 each Don Pancho 6-inch Thick White Corn Enchilada Tortilla (79341.01153)
- 6 cups Salsa verde, warmed
- 1 cup Vegan sour cream (made from silken tofu)
- ½ cup Poblano peppers, roasted, peeled seeded, and finely diced
- 8 cups Lacinato kale leaves blanched and shocked, then sauteed in avocado oil
- Cut the tortillas into quarters and fry at 350°F for 75-90 seconds, drain, and lightly toss with sea salt.
- Per order:
- Toss 20 each quartered tortillas with 6 oz salsa verde until the chips soften and soak up the sauce.
- Fill the chilaquiles base into a warmed dish.
- Drizzle with chilaquiles with 1 oz vegan sour cream.
- Garnish with 1 Tbsp diced/roasted Poblano peppers and 1 cup sauteed kale.
- Serve immediately.