Maple Bacon Bourbon BBQ Beans
Yield: 30 each 5 oz servings.
- 8 lb. Reser’s American Harvest BBQ Bean Medley (71117.14175)
- 12 oz Bacon, thick-cut, cut into ½” strips
- 4 cups Yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup Tomato paste
- 1 cup Maple syrup
- 1 cup Bourbon
- In a large stockpot, render the bacon on medium heat until crispy and remove it to a plate.
- Cook onions in the rendered bacon fat until softened and lightly browned.
- Add tomato paste and cook to thicken and brown slightly.
- Add bourbon and maple syrup to glaze and bring to boil.
- Place Reser’s American Harvest BBQ Bean Medley and rendered bacon in the pot.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring regularly to keep from scorching until the beans are heated through, 15-20 minutes.
- Place heated beans in steamtable or serve immediately.