Yield: 6 Servings
- 6 cups Reser’s® Sliced Potatoes (71117.14435)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp chives, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2-quart baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt 3 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until roux is created; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk. Place back on the burner and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Let boil, while stirring for 1 minute, until mixture becomes a thick sauce.
- Spread Reser’s Sliced Potatoes in baking dish. Pour sauce over potatoes. Cut remaining 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Cover; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish the potatoes with chopped chives and serve the scalloped potatoes family style on the side of delicious entree like Fried Chicken.