Sweet Potato Soup with Country Ham
Yield: 16 each- 9 oz portions
- Sweet Potato Soup (yield 1 gallon)
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Quarts Chicken stock
- 5 lb. bag Reser’s Mashed Sweet Potatoes (71117.94504)
- 1 ½ tsp Hot sauce
- 1 lb Country ham, seared in cast iron pan and diced small
- 4 oz Peanuts, dry roasted and crushed
- Roasted Peanut Crema (yield 2 cups)
- ½ cup Peanuts, dry roasted
- 1 ½ cup Sour cream
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- In an 8-quart stockpot, melt the butter.
- Add the onion, carrot and kosher salt and cook 4-5 minutes until softened, but not browned.
- Add the Chicken stock and mashed sweet potatoes and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened.
- Season with hot sauce and puree with an immersion blender, keep warm.
- For the peanut crema, combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- To serve, place 8 oz of soup in a large soup bowl, garnish with 1 oz diced ham, drizzle of crema, and crushed peanuts.