Pimento Cheese Fritters
Yield: 12 (1 oz) Fritters
- 10 oz Reser’s® Pimento Cheese (71117.11406)
- 3 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Combine Reser’s Pimento Cheese and 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop into 12-1 oz balls on a sprayed sheet pan and freeze for 2 hours.
- Place the breading ingredients into separate bowls.
- Coat the fritters with flour, a few at a time, and shake off any excess.
- Place the fritters, a few at a time, into the beaten eggs to coat.
- Drop the fritters into the panko crumbs and roll to coat.
- Repeat the egg wash and panko breading procedure again for a double coating.
- Freeze or deep fry at 350°F until golden brown and melted inside.